You will be kept informed of your child’s progress through:
- Attending the termly parent’s evenings where you will have chance to discuss your child’s progress with their class teacher and the SENCO if necessary.
- Receiving termly written reports from the class teacher outlining progress.
- If your child has an ITP or SSP you will be invited to the termly reviews of these targets – this will be a chance to review the current targets and set new ones with the SENCO and your child.
- If your child has a statement/EHCP you will be invited to participate in the annual review.
- Liaising with outside agencies as appropriate
You will be helped to support your child’s learning through:
- Attending the ITP review meetings with the class teacher /SENCO and your child to discuss needs.
- Discussion and advice from class teacher/ TA who is working regularly with your child. Often they will provide activities and packs to do at home.
- Taking advice from outside agencies either directly or passed on through the SENCO.