“We support our children to develop a desire to participate in physical activity and education, which will motivate friends and family, to engage in a happy, fit and healthy lifestyle.”
Story Wood School shares the Birmingham Strategy for PE and School Sport:
'For all young people in Birmingham to experience outstanding physical education, competition and school sport that will lead to active and healthy lifestyles through lifelong participation.'
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is increasing its funding to enable schools to provide high quality PE and school sport. Each school now receives £16,000 plus an additional £10 per pupil (from Y1 to Y6) so for Story Wood School this equates to £17,780.00 for the current academic year 2017/18.
The purpose of this funding is to ensure that sport and PE provision addresses the needs of all pupils, including those who belong to disadvantaged, vulnerable and gifted groups.
The 5 PE and Sport Premium Key Outcome Indicators are:
1) The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
2) The Profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3) Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4) Broader experiences of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5) Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please see our Sports Premium report and other relevant documents below for more details.